UnitingCare Tasmania is governed by the Uniting (VicTas) Board.
We are joining with 21 other Uniting Church community service agencies to form a new single organisation. Uniting (Victoria and Tasmania) Limited was established and governance for all founding agencies was unified under the single Board on 3 October 2016.
The Uniting Board is an experienced, skills based team that will lead the design and build of the emerging organisation.
For more information visit www.victas.uca.org.au/uniting-team
The UnitingCare Tasmania Board has the following roles:
- Govern the UnitingCare Tasmania agency
- Management and delivery of community welfare services
- Social Justice Advocacy
We have a Board made up of clergy and lay people who ascribe to the values and ethics of the Uniting Church. The Board has a valuable mix of skills and expertise. Board members come from across the State and are thus able to represent local, regional and Statewide issues.
The Chief Executive Officer is based in the New Town head office with program managers located throughout the State.
At present the structure is:
- Family Services is managed regionally, with the Southern Regional Manager based at Old Beach, and the North/North Western Regional Manager based in launceston.
- Emergency Relief, Prison programs, Volunteer activities and the Travelling Op Shop are managed statewide by the Community Services Manager
- Early Learning Services are located in Hobart (Scots) and Launceston (Pilgrim) and are managed by a statewide Director.